Friday, May 05, 2006

Verses that got to me this morning

i thought i'd share these even though most people who read this would be familiar with them.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not
give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do
not be afraid.
John 14:27

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel
you and watch over you.
Psalm 32:8


If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all
without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:5

Sustain me according to your promise, and i will live; do not let my hopes
be dashed.
Psalm 119:116

And it will be said:
"build up, build up, prepare the road!
Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people.
For this is what the high and lofty one says -
"I live in a high and hold place,
but also with him who is contrite and lowly of spirit,
to recieve the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the
contrite.
I will not accuse forever,
nor will I always be angry,
for then the spirit of a man would grow faint before me -
the breath of man that I have created.
I was enraged by his sinful greed;
I punished him and hid my face in anger,
yet he kept on in his willful ways, but I will heal him;
I will guide him and restore comfort to him,
creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel.
Peace, peace to those far and near!"
says the LORD. "and I will heal them."
Isaiah 57:14-19

i'm not sure why i share these. i just have a hunch that someone out there needs to read them. these verses have given me reassurance, hope and peace on more occasions then i can count. they show me that i have a God who will not let me go, He will teach me and care for me and even give to me when i know i don't deserve it. i pray this helps someone out there.

2 comments:

Ponyb said...

thanks jess!
10 thumbs up!

-lil bro pony

jess said...

thanks little bro. even if we're not related by blood it's nice to know that you have ten thumbs =p